VOLUNTEER IN AREA C AT ROSKILDE FESTIVAL 2019 WITH MELLEMFOLKELIGT SAMVIRKE
You’ll have the chance to become a part of our team of about 100 volunteers at this year’s Roskilde Festival.
Mellemfolkeligt Samvirke (Action Aid Denmark) has been given the task of providing service guards to camping Area C and we would like you to join!
Your work will help raise money to support young people from El Salvador working for social change. And of course your volunteer wristband will give you access to Roskilde Festival for free!
What do you have to do and what will you get?
Your work as a volunteer will consist of 4 shifts of 8 hours – 32 hours in total. We are service guards at the Area C campsite, which means that we patrol the campsite making sure that it stays a nice place to be. Concretely, this means making sure the tents are in the right places and that people are doing fine. Area C is known to be a party area, so we do not expect you to keep things clean and quiet all the time, but we want to make sure that things are under control and that guests feel safe being there.
For you efforts we will give you a wristband to access the entire festival, food during shifts, a community of volunteers and access to the staff campsite, where you will be able to camp. What does the money support? When you volunteer with us, Mellemfolkeligt Samvirke receives money for each volunteer we bring to the festival, which we will then donate to a project in El Salvador in Central America. This project fights for more ownership and better social conditions for the marginalized civil society.
- You choose your own shifts by booking them on our online shift planning system. You are expected to take at least one shift during the music days and one night shift. The shifts are from Saturday, the 29th of June to Sunday, the 7th of July.
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of the festival.
- If you are more than 60 years old you can reduce the amount of working hours to 24 (according to Roskilde Festival rules).
- WHEN THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED IT IS BINDING! This means that you will be fined 3500 DKK by Roskilde Festival if you do not show up for one of your shifts.
- Join our Facebook group where we can communicate internally: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RF2019AreaC/
- We don’t require a deposit from you but we ask you to respect our volunteer work as coordinators. That is to say that the most important thing to us is knowing who the volunteers are. So when you sign up as a volunteer we count on you! If you decide not to volunteer with us at the last minute it is a huge challenge to find a new volunteer for your job. That’s why we ask you to be sure before you sign up. It takes up a lot of time to change the information in the different systems later on.
- For further questions please ask in the Facebook group, check out our FAQ or write email@example.com
We are looking forward to having you on our team!
The Roskilde Festival Team, Mellemfolkeligt Samvirke